Are You Ms/Mr Equilibrium Talent?
Equilibrium Health (www.equilibriumhealthgc.com.au) is excited to announce expansion with an additional consultation area compromising of a training room & and sessional suite.
Equilibrium Health’s mantra is:
“To help people achieve a superior thinking style, whilst having as much fun as possible”.
If this vision resonates with you, we would love to talk with you about how you can assist people in the community achieve a higher state of consciousness though healthier thoughts for a restored mind, body & soul.
- The successful candidate will have a knowledge base, skills & experience which lends its self to a Psychology private practice. We are seeking a Psychologist with full registration with AHPRA (Australian Health Regulation Board). New graduates from the Master’s course are welcome to apply. Ideally the successful applicant will have specialisation as a Clinical Psychologist or Generalist Psychology with eligibility for full Medicare Provider number & can join the team for 2 to 4 days a week.
- Some Equilibrium Health patients are referred under the Medicare “Better Access Scheme”, therefore, in addition to an expansive psychological “tool-kit”, it is important for the successful candidate to have a strong CBT/ACT background. Equilibrium Health is also interested in discussing the successful candidate’s particular interest area(s) & therapeutic approach(s) as Equilibrium Health favours a “layered” therapeutic approach with a belief that Psychology is part of a greater synergistic system to achieve overall wellness.
Equilibrium Health offers an attractive workspace which is light, airy and a colorful & generally a comfortable place to work in. We are located in stunning premises metres away from the Gold Coast's beautiful Broadwater & café precinct. We offer flexible working hours, training opportunities and other incentives to allow the working week to be a pleasurable one. Our electronic support systems are up-to-date, and best practice for the psychological industry and we enjoy a close ongoing relationship with referral bodies as well as patients both past & present.
More Reasons Why Equilibrium Health Is Different (In A Good Way!):
- Access to an electronic resource library, for both yourself & your patients.
- Weekly/Ad Hoc professional development & peer review that can be counted towards continuing APS/AHPRA Professional Development.
- Access to a strong established patient referral base and ongoing provision of patients issued to service a full caseload – a strong and diversified referral base (extending from Brisbane to Northern NSW & westerly to Beaudesert) with GPs, Psychiatrists, Medicare Local, Probation & Parole, Department of Community Services, Legal Aid & EAPs (Employee Assistance Programs), public & private sector third party referrals. Issue of Medicare MHCPs through the “Better Access”, ATAPS referrals, WorkCover – return to work strategies. The referral sources are varied and referral types are numerous.
- An all-encompassing administration support which includes; patient referral sourcing, management of appointments, invoicing & accounts so Psychologist can maintain patient therapeutic focus.
- Marketing & support of individual Psychologist practitioner interests.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn adding to pre-existing Equilibrium Health talent. Desire to work collaboratively as a team member. A “Down to Earth” personality with a practical approach to Psychological intervention, with a strong focus on maintaining a work/life balance & overall sound body & mind management, both for their patients & self. Ultimately the team at Equilibrium Health aim to “walk the talk”.
- Eligibility for full registration Clinical Psychologist/General Psychologist through AHPRA.
- Eligibility for a Medicare Provider Number to deliver Psychology items.
- Individual Professional Indemnity insurance.
- Ability and/or willingness to learn to support presentations through the life stage, namely; child to youth to adult age demographic(s). And ability and/or willingness to work with couples therapy & family systemic therapy presentations.
- Ability and/or willingness to learn to support severity of presentations, from the “worried well” with acute stress systems to presentations with more severe mental health concerns (i.e. managed by Psychiatrist pharmacologically).
- Willingness to facilitate group therapy sessions.
- Membership of the APS Clinical College is desirable.
It is important for the person to be enthusiastic, have initiative and a willingness to learn, work skilfully in a therapeutic relationship, be able to work autonomously and enjoy being part of a team & like to have fun!
If you are interested in Equilibrium Health forward your expression of interest; Cover Letter, CV & details of three referees and your address of the Key Selection Criteria – “Personal Attributes” & “Professional Attributes” to:
Please do not telephone. Address all correspondence to the email address.
Thank you in advance to all applicants, only suitable applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Check us out on facebook